How has your week been? I am still waiting for my teens to go back to school and looking forward to getting back into a routine of sorts. This week seems to have been a messy week. Holidays were done but the children were not fullly back at school. Everyone seemed to start on different days and it was muddled.
However there was still the opportunity to be frugal!
- Firstly I wrote up the tutorial I promised on making a real flower crown. This is ideal for when you want to feel like a princess!
- Next I needed to purchase pet insurance for our new puppy. I was a little apprehensive looking as I didn’t know what type of cover I needed. After some advice I decided to go for the top package and get life cover with 6K worth of treatment. I have often read about expenssive vet bills and want to know we are well covered. The best bit though was once I had found PetProtect to be the best deal by using compare the Meerkat, I then went through TopCashBack and bought the insurance. The best bit was the insurance cosst £88 and I got £40.40 back into my TopCashBack account. It has already tracked and will be payable soon. Therefore my insurance is just £40 for the year!
- I love the Disney film Beauty and the Beast and many will know Primark has a gorgeous range of Disney merchandise about. A quick look on Ebay will show that these are selling for more than they cost due to limited stock. I managed to get a couple of the Chip cooin purses. They are not for reselling I am using them for Christmas presents! Erin will definately find one in her stocking on Christmas morning.
- As I mentioned last week I part exchanged my car. When my car was priced up they did not even look to see if there was a spare wheel. After noticing on Ebay they sell well, we decided to take it out and sell it separately. It sold very quickly for the priice we wanted and was collected the same day. This was a great little earner that would have been easy to miss had my husband not been on the ball.
- Lastly I have also bought a few bits in the 60% off sale at Jack Wills. There is now an additional 10% off if using the code in the advert below. I have also spotted things in the new Jack Wills SPORTSxLIFE range that I will be getting!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky Rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.