Another busy week here as it has been Erin’s 7th Birthday and the book has been taking up a lot of time. I have however still managed to make a few savvy savings.
- Advent calendars are everywhere and I have been looking at the contents of them and treated myself to the Marks and Spencer one. It costs £35 but you have to also spend £35 on the website. The reason I bought it is that the products add up to a whopping £250. Now that is a great deal. I love trying beauty products and this is stuffed full of premium brands including Luxe, Burts bees and even Ren. I just now need to find the kids theirs! I have found ones for the girls but I am struggling for Dylan. There really is not much choice for teen boys bar lego.
- Birthday cake. Why is it that you add the word wedding or birthday and the cost of cakes triple? I bought a bog standard £2.30 luxury Morrisons salted caramel cake for us at home yesterday and it was a yummy birthday cake for my girl.
- I have started doing Swagbucks again and already made £50 in giftcards this week. Basically you fill surveys or sign up for offers to receive points. Points are then converted into giftcards. Try it by registering and using this Swagbucks Link.
4. Remember a few months ago we switched to Flipper for our energy bills. This week was our automatic tariff check and we are still on the cheapest rate for us. I didn’t have to do anything to check this – it is all part of the service Flipper provide.
5. As the birthday cards dropped through the door this week, four of the stamps had not been franked. Therefore I steamed them off ready to use again win win!
6. Final one – do make sure that you are getting the best deals in the high street over the next month. There will be lots of 10% off days. Last weekends was Debenhams and I bought a few make up sets and got some great samples and a 10% off deal.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.