Friday has rolled around again and I have more of my money saving tips and tricks to keep you saving the pennies! I have written this week about Easy Side Hustles that can make you several hundred pounds a month. These are all things that can be completed in your spare time. After the Boots sale didn’t go to 70% as expected last Friday I am wondering if it will happen today. Unfortunately, I won’t be there to see as I am helping out on a school trip to London.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I paid for Chloe to travel home to University first class. Now, this might not sound very frugal at all but it is! It was actually only £5 more than a standard ticket and she gets her food and drink included. A meal deal would have cost that much so it was a no brainer to make the most of first class! It is always worth looking especially when buying single train tickets. Did you know it is often better to get single tickets, never automatically buy the return!
- Everyone is on a cleaning phase thanks to Marie Kondo and Mrs Hinch however there are plenty of ways to clean for less and my Household tips for clever cleaning shares how you can clean the way your grandma would have!
- I have been making my healthy shakes with protein powder, frozen berries and spinach rather than buying premade shakes which are much more expensive. I use protein shakes now as part of my high protein diet.
- I have had my thread and needle out this week as my 14 year old seems to be splitting his trousers on a weekly basis! He has never had this issue before and I am buying the same trousers as always for school as he is a fussy thing! However they are ripping but I’ll sew rather than buy more!
- Finally I have discovered a whole new wardrobe of clothes for free. I’m pleased to say this is because due to my love of the gym I have lost weight and can now get back into lots of my old clothes! win win!
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.